The date of the Festival is fast approaching, and we have many news items and updates for you.
- We are thrilled to announce that from March the 1st you will have the opportunity to discover the PREVIEW OF THE EXCLUSIVE MERCHANDISE PRODUCTS FOR SALE from the 2018 IBCPC Participatory Dragon Boat Florence Festival, and with online purchases you will have the benefit of special reduced prices.
Click on http://www.florencebcs2018.org/merchandising
- COMING SOON the 2018 COMMEMORATIVE PADDLE!
The 2018 commemorative paddle, created by the Florence Organizing Committee, FIRENZE IN ROSA Onlus, and manufactured by Hornet Watersports, will be a unique paddle and it will only be possible to buy it in the occasion of the 2018 Festival.
The new Hornet STING model (IDBF license #3523) is the model we have chosen for the 2018 commemorative paddle. The STING Dragon Boat paddle empowers you to perform at your best. IDBF approved, this carbon fiber paddle is strong, lightweight and meets all the criteria for international competition. You can book it on-line, and then pick it up here in Florence. We kindly ask you for a little more patience… The commemorative paddle will be available for purchase on-line at the beginning of April on the Hornet Watersports website only. We will update you on the release date of this much-anticipated special paddle.
We will also offer a special experience of paddling under the PONTE VECCHIO… We will send a specific email at the end of March to advise which teams are eligible to enjoy this very and exclusive experience. Please visit our news page of July the 7th, 2017 http://www.florencebcs2018.org/6-luglio-2017-inizia-il-countdown/
*****VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION*****
Registration for PADDLING people is definitely closed.
From now on only supporters that are not paddling can register, for further details (costs, deadline, etc..) please see Bulletin No.2.
LOGOS – ADVERSTING/TEAMS’ SPONSOR – MERCHANDISE FOR SALE
- It is prohibited, under any circumstances, to use and/or reproduce, also in different colors, the 2018 IBCPC Dragon Boat Florence Festival logo and the IBCPC logo for any promotion activities, merchandize or any other purpose.
- If your team wishes to advertise a sponsor you can put your sponsor names and/or logos on your paddling t-shirts. It will not be allowed to bring sponsor branded products or to put sponsors banners with their brand name around the tent area or in any other place at the Festival.
- Teams can sell their own items with their team logo, without any reference to Italy 2018. Sales must only take place from the team tent and the items allowed are gift cards, jewelry, small trinkets, team t’ shirts and caps. Teams may sell goods online before hand for collection at the event, but these items must fall within the categories above. We will update you in detail on sales regulations next April. These special events are often policed by the local financial authorities, so please be aware that you must follow the stipulated criteria and you must issue receipts for sales of goods.
WITHDRAWAL and REPLACEMENT
Any person who withdraws from participation in the Festival may be substituted by a team-mate of
the same category and qualification without any additional costs by 15th May 2018, and the participant personal data should be modified directly on the team account of the registration system.
After 15 May 2018, any participant changes will be charged an administrative fee of Euros 20 for each change. If a participant withdraws and cannot find a substitute, he/she will forfeit the entire registration fee.
REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE FOR FULL TEAMS
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line the team USER code and the team name in the Subject line, and the name and ID of the person who dropped out and the name of the substitute.
- Accredit the new paddler into the Team account (photo, waiver, health certificate -if she/he a is paddling participants- and qualification).
- Remove the name of the person who dropped out from the Nominal Entry, clicking on you will see the dropdown list changing the name of the one who dropped out with the new name.
- After this change go back to the Entry List page and delete the entry of the person who dropped out by clicking on the file on fire.
In case of replacement of participants completely registered by January 31st , You will see that on the Payment Summary page the accreditation will be at 350 euros after the new accreditation,becausethischangehasbeendoneafterthe1stofFebruary. Ofcourse,wewill reset it after the full accreditation will be completed, and the amount will be reset to the previous amount. So you do NOT have to pay an additional amount for the change if done correctly in the correct time frame.
REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE FOR INCOMPLETE TEAMS
In order to make a replacement you have to write to the following email address email@example.com Please include the team USER code and the team name in the subject line, and the name and ID of the person who dropped out and the name of the substitute.
Registration will be held at Palazzo Vecchio (Piazza Signoria n.1) from Tuesday July the 3rd to
Thursday July the 5th from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. In order to contribute to a more efficient and
quicker registration, all team managers are kindly requested to register their team participants (BCS
and supporters) delivering original documents (waiver and health certificates) in ID code order, your
cooperation with this process will be truly appreciated.
The registration desk on Friday the 6th will be from 10.30 a.m. until 3.00 p.m. This shorter opening time frame is due to the opening of the 3 days Festival with the Congress in the morning of the 6th July and the Pink Parade in the early evening of the 6th July. It would be very much appreciated if all teams will try to register before July the 6th, quite simply because we will be very busy and there will
be a great deal of congestion in the palazzo on the 6th July.
At the registration desk we will deliver the race packs and all the necessary identification to attend
The race program will be delivered to Team managers at 5.00 p.m. Friday the 6th at the registration
desk in Palazzo Vecchio.
PADDLES UP and GET READY FOR JULY!!!
For any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the team USER code and the team name in the Subject line.
SEE YOU IN FLORENCE 2018!